Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just catching up...

Saturday night IC played Christ The King in basketball. All the games were running behind so our 7 pm game didn't start until after 7:30 or so. CTK has not lost a game all year. IC is currently in 3rd place which is fine cause we aren't at the bottom. This game was really close the whole game, we were up and then down by 2 or 3 points. In the 3rd quarter, Will had 4 fouls...which is scary cause he is such a good defensive player, we couldn't afford to lose him. He managed NOT to foul out...which was awesome! Anyway, the 4th quarter gets here and in the last minute or so, we are down by 2. They foul Brady and he goes up for a 1 & 1 shot...makes the 1st one, misses the second one, ties the game up. Now at this time, I am running on pure adrenaline! Playing CTK always makes me crazy...not sure why! Here we are with our 7 boys up against their 12 or 13! So anyway, there are seconds left and Brady gets fouled again. But this time he gets 2 shots. So he misses the first one, makes the second one! We are now up by one and there are 1.5 seconds left on the clock and CTK couldn't come back! wooooohoooo! Our boys did it! They played their hearts out and we won the game!! I was so happy! That game was unbelievable...the gym was full and was so loud that it really just intensified the game!! So much fun!! I was so proud of Brady too. He was being coached by his daddy on one side and me screaming on the other...such a good kid! :)
Also, I joined a group that will prepare me to run a 5k. I have never been a runner but I have always wanted to get into it. 1) it is such good cardio and 2) I want some runners looking legs! :) So Sunday was my first time to go and I really enjoyed it. It was a little slow for me but I can see how it will work. So maybe sometime in April I will be running a 5K and having that body I really desire to have!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that I can stick with it and really challenge myself to finish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go IC... Congratulations on the win! Btw, who are you running with?
Mary