Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy end to a good weekend...

I will try and keep this short. Friday night we took the kids to the NHS vs SHS game at UAFS...good times, as always. Saturday morning, Aryn and I go and get her signed up for soccer and head over to the mall to get them outfits for pictures that were scheduled on Sunday. Saturday night, Brady had his last regular season game and we won! So all is good so far...
Well, on Sunday afternoon, I took the kids to get their pics made and then my plan was to come home and at 4pm I was going to go and meet the girls at Ben Geren to run. But we decided to cook burgers on the grill with the kids, so I opted to skip the running class and just went on my own. I was gone for a little bit, got home and helped Sal with dinner. We had a great dinner...burgers, baked beans, fries and Sal and I even drank a beer. So as I was playing on Facebook, Sal comes in here and said he wasn't feeling too good...10 minutes later...CRAZINESS BEGAN!!! The next thing I know, we are all loading up and heading to St Ed's ER. Sal was in horrible pain...his stomach area, where his appendix are, was killing him. They get us in and put us in a room. I am trying to help the nurses get him settled and I turn to check on the kids and the poor things are facing the wall...they are horrified!!! Their daddy is in horrible pain, sort of moaning...VERY LOUDLY and all they can do is turn and face the wall to try and block it out. So the lady comes to get me to fill out insurance stuff and as we walk out, Brady starts crying...huge crocodile tears...Aryn asks if her daddy is going to die. :( I am trying to be strong, sort of in a daze at this point cause we still don't know what is wrong with Salomon. All I can think of is that his appendix ruptured and he is going to have to have surgery.
My sister n law shows up to get the kids...thank goodness! I am already thinking they are traumatized for life and that they really didn't need to see all that...but we had no choice but to take them with us! I think Sal was going in shock cause they couldn't get an IV in him and this boy has huge vains! But after 6 sticks in 6 different places, they get it in and here comes the pain meds...it took 2 full doses to even take the edge off. They wheel him off to get a CT and it comes back that he has a kidney stone that made it's way down into his bladder!!! AND he has 2 more..one on each side...dr said they may never cause him any pain or he may never pass them. Poor Sal...I felt so bad for him. But I got him home and went and got the kids. They were so happy their daddy was okay. Brady started to cry when he saw Sal and Aryn said she was glad he didn't die cause she loves the 'squirrel' to wake her up in the mornings. The squirrel is their little way of waking each other up...really cute and noone else can do it but them. :)
So Sal is better, a little sore but he is fine. I told him I never want to go thru that again and NEVER, EVER want the ER nurse to ask me if my husband has a living will!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I found you somehow through Heather Kohler's blog. I'm Darren's wife...I think you knew him in HS.

Anyway, just wanted to "hi"! :)